Saturday, May 1, 2010

Alki Beach



Well, thank goodness - we had absolutely beautiful weather yesterday for our field trip to Alki Beach! In fact, we saw more sea life yesterday than I've ever seen in previous years! Even our guide, Kate Poaster, commented that she saw things that were brand new to her!



Connor, Sumin, Amanda, Kayla, and Mrs. Brown examine a tidepool up close.



Ella and Yerin pose with a Painted Anemone.



Zach, Gavin, Diego, and Mr. Dorta check some sea creatures off their list.



Ella, Malia, and Yerin show off a Five-Point Crab they found.



Diego and Henry pose with their crab.
Daniela and Zoe examine a Moon Snail.
Sophia watches a Red Rock Crab.
Thank you again to all of the parent chaperones who made this field trip possible!

14 comments:

  1. I think going to the beach was so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved the feild trip to Alki beach!
    It was really fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was a fun feald trip, but i didnt like when i got my shoes wet!!!!!!!!!

    -yerin

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was the funnest trip except the getting your shoes wet.It was a realy fun trip,I had found a shrimp and a moonsnail!I wish we could get some$$$$$$ on the trip.Well thanks too the PTSA!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I liked it so much and I hated being pushed by someone and being wet when I'm wearing clothes.

    I also liked the squirties

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had so much fun going to alki beach!I loved touching all the creatchers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had fun, but my group found a crab and we were going to see if it was a boy or girl when connor was flipping it and the top shell came off!


    -Kayla

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 4th one was mine!

    -Daniela

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was really fun getting to go to Alki beach.I saw lots of animals.I saw more crabs then I thout I would.The Moon Snail was really cool.My shoes got super wet but over all it was super fun. -Ella

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a lot of fun at alki. I liked looking at the moon snail.

    -sophia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had a lot of fun on the Field Trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  12. i loved touching all the sea creachers and catching the gunnal

    ReplyDelete
  13. i wasnt in alki iwas in hawiee


    noah

    ReplyDelete
  14. in hawaii i saw sea turtles and went para sailing


    Noah

    ReplyDelete